Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 July 2013

TdF Day 6

Spinning has been happening!  I've managed to get in at least two hours a day so far and my rainbow yarn is progressing well.

Here are the photos up to last night :-

Day 2 

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5
I now only have one more colour to go so it's looking good for getting it all plied and washed by Sunday which is my deadline for having this particular spin finished.

I've also been working on Impala's fleece.  It's taken a lot of processing time to get it to the spinning stage, but it's spinning up really well.  I'm not sure just how much of this I'll have done by the end of the Tour because it won't be long before I run out of rolags and will have to start preparing more.  Progress so far :-



Other news : Rob and Tammy (my neighbours) are buying another three alpacas!  They found a really good deal locally - someone has 3 males that they want to sell.  Actually, they are buying two, the third one comes free because it's been very sick.  Apparently it had eaten some yew, which is poisonous to alpacas.  Luckily the owners realised what had happened very quickly and started treating it, otherwise it would probably have died. They are all around 2 years old and are all intact males so by next year they should be ready to mate.  Oh, and their fleeces look good too!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love them too. It amazes me how natural colours always go well together.

      Delete
    2. They do! So easy on the eye.

      Delete