Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 April 2013

Knitting Like Crazy

I'm knitting like mad at the moment, trying to get this sweater finished and wearable before the weather gets too warm.  The past few days have been a bit on the cool side, but by next weekend we're expecting much higher temperatures.  Will it be finished in time?

Here's where I am at the moment, so not holding out much hope :-


This is a really nice pattern, Autumn's End, from an e-book called Botanical Knits by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting.  As I'm not sure how to put a link on here to the pattern page on Ravelry, you'll just have to look it up yourself!  The book is lovely, all the patterns are based on woodland, trees and leaves.  It's unusual to find a knitting pattern book where I like more than 2 or 3 patterns, if that, but I love all of these.  It's worth having a look.  The book hasn't been released in print yet, it's due in May I think, but if you pre-order the book you will receive the e-book free immediately so you can get on with it straight away.

This photo shows (not very well actually!) the side panel which is where all the shaping is carried out.  It carries on all the way up the raglan shaping from the sleeve tops to the neck.  I'll show you more as I progress.



The yarn is hand-spun (of course!), but I really don't know what it is.  It's more of the fibre I received in a World of Wool mixed bag of Botany Lap Waste (floor sweepings!).  There's definitely some merino in there, plus either bamboo or milk protein fibre or banana fibre, but really it's guesswork.  Who cares, it turned out really soft and wearable and that's all that matters.

I wouldn't normally have used a multicoloured yarn for this pattern because it does tend to blur the detail, but I couldn't wait to start one of the patterns from this book, and this yarn which I'd just finished spinning, was just the right thickness and quantity.


OK, back to the needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment