Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Bella's Eye

I've had a number of people asking how Bella is getting on after her nasty experience last week, and we're pleased to say that she's a whole lot better.  By the following day she was starting to open her eye again and she didn't seem to have any pain.  Rob and Tammy have continued putting in her drops at regular intervals each day and she seems to be getting back to normal.  Her eye still has a whitish cast to it, but she reacts to movement on that side, so we can only presume she still has some sight.  Hopefully, by the time the treatment finishes, she'll be even better.  The "girls" have all been in the barn since this happened, and I think they'll be very happy to get outside again into the field.

One positive thing that's happened whilst they've been inside is that one of the other girls, Cerise, has started to eat her carrots out of Rob's hand.  Now, when am I going to get Impala to do that?  Each day I take him some carrots and he runs down the field to meet me, but stops dead just before he gets to me.  It's like there's an invisible wall between us.  Yesterday he came so close I could have touched his nose without stretching my arm, and twice he's actually touched the carrot with his nose before jumping back a few feet.  Oh well, at least he's getting to know me and starting to trust me a little bit.  I'm sure we'll get there in the end.
Impala (photo taken by Rob)

No comments:

Post a Comment