Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Modelling Job!

A few weeks ago a friend of ours, Colette, asked me to take my spinning wheel to her art gallery and model for her art class.  Eric thought I might catch a chill spinning naked, but thankfully Colette insisted I keep my clothes on (thanks Colette!!!).  Anyway, today was the day.

Sunday I spent all afternoon carding up batts on my drum carder to take with me to spin.


I haven't a clue what most of this fibre is as it was part of my "floor sweepings" that I bought from World of Wool in the UK.  I mixed all the very dark colours together, then topped with blue and a mix of different blues/white, and a bit of sparkle (Angelina fibres).



The class was a mix of French- and English-speaking students, one of which was 98 YEARS OLD!!!!!  She really didn't look it, and there was obviously nothing wrong with her eyesight either.

No, this isn't the 98 year old!!
They started off with three 10-minute sketches, one of the wheel, one of my face, and one of my hands.


After that we had a little break, and then they had a final hour drawing the whole thing, or just what they wanted.


The morning sped by incredibly quickly, and ended with a "critique" by teacher Colette.

The 98-year-old is second from the left!

I know I shouldn't have had favourites, but this one I thought was just gorgeous :-


She's made me look like Dusty Springfield!  Wish I had her voice.

I liked this one so much that she gave it to me at the end of the class.  Apparently she doesn't keep anything she does in the classes.  That amazed me because, if I could do anything as good as this, you wouldn't be able to see my walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment