Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 October 2011

The Tail of the Cat and the Alpaca

Yesterday I was carding some alpaca wool out on the patio.  I had a large bag of white alpaca given to me by Colette a little while ago and hadn't got around to doing anything with it.

It's obviously fascinating stuff :


but a little difficult to see properly.

Ah, that's better :


Going . . .


Going . . .


Jak, have you been messing with my wool?


. . . who, me??

At least if I know where he is I know he's not up to anything else!  Now Jak, get those claws out and get that lot nicely carded for me.

He likes to spin as well :-

picture courtesy of Peter Murray - thanks Pete!

Have you ever tried spinning with a 2-ton cat on your lap?

His next lesson should be dyeing - watch this space!


I'm just adding a little post-script here - when I started spinning this wool, I realised it was a bit too "woolly" to be llama (which is a bit silky) and suspected it was probably alpaca instead.  So tonight I confirmed it with Colette and have now changed all references of "llama wool" to "alpaca" . . . just in case you thought you'd imagined it!

No comments:

Post a Comment