Total Pageviews

Friday 2 September 2011

Ken's Hat

Yesterday was Ken's 60th birthday.  Ken plays guitar and sings with one of our bands, Al Fresco.  I really didn't know what to give him for his birthday, but it gets pretty cold here in winter and he works outside a lot.  So, this is what I made for him :-


a silly little hat with plaits.  The wool is a bit of a mystery - it's either Friesland or Gritstone, but I can't remember which.  It's been dip dyed with natural dyes but again, I can't remember what I used.  The yellow could be sunflower though.  The plaits are natural camel down, which I used because it looks a bit like hair in colour.

This is a side view showing the pony tail hole at the back :-

  
Ken - if you don't like the plaits, ask Angela to snip them off for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment